Some new rules to consider for boat diving – be it RHIB or hard boat – and is to be briefed accordingly by the DM for the dive:
- Prepare a boat Covid kit – some wipes and anti-bacterial gel – and a rubbish bag to hold the used wipes etc.
- Bring and wear face covering (and use it!) – no face covering no dive.
- Max of 6 in a RHIB – max TBD for hard boat by skipper.
- Use hand sanitiser before getting on the boat.
- Load and off-load your own kit.
- No spitting into your mask to defog.
- At the end of the dive, utilise boat fenders or RHIB handles as appropriate to clip your kit onto – you then climb back into the boat by yourself and then load your own kit back into the boat – this allows social distancing to be maintained at all times; especially for the crew.